Thursday, June 28, 2012

True Beauty

Beauty... fleeting, fading, faded.


I look at the reflection of self captured that day in pictures ~ seeing bloom has departed, freshness gone, earthly world and time taken it's toll.


Inner bloom, what of it? 


I realize it too is dimming, seeping away.
Not because it's time is over ~ but because of choice, my choice.
I have let dark things of this world snuff out beautiful Joy that continually blooms in those willing to sacrifice self to claim it.


which loss do I mourn more?


Physical bloom is forever decayed ~ but soul-beauty can be mine forever if I only choose to seek Your Way O Lord.


I am thankful Father, that distraction of earthly form is gone, and I am only left with me.  Truly me~ the down deep, soul-exposing reflection of who I am in You.  I discover, I am not who I should be.


Father, never let up.  Chase me with Your Love, Your Burning Fire.  Mold, refine, prune, cut, until I am the beauty of Your Son, and His sacrifice.


Give me an everlasting bloom ~ 


one the trials of this foreign place can never tarnish or veil, that as my outer flesh continues to dwindle and wilt ~ the magnificence of Your Love would overflow and the sweet fragrance of Jesus would overpower the darkness, and all would be drawn to Him.

2 comments:

Laura Voth said...

I'm glad you're writing again! Praying for you!! Love you!

kuliejellogg said...

Beautiful.